Directors Of Volunteers In Agencies (DOVIA) offers a forum for discussing issues and reaching solutions within the field of volunteer resource management. Our organization helps to advance our profession by providing members with the competencies needed to be effective managers and cultivators of our community's "spirit and soul" resources.
Objectives of DOVIA include:
- To increase knowledge and improve skills of individual members.
- To act as a forum for individual professional development and as a network of support for volunteer programs and their managers.
- To attract new volunteer managers and associates to the vocation and to retain skilled persons in the field of volunteer management.
- To enhance the role and dignity of volunteers and voluntary services by promoting the field of volunteer management as a profession.
- To enhance non-profit agencies and the community by providing stability and strength in the volunteer community.
Some of the benefits of DOVIA membership
meetings with special speakers on a variety of volunteer management-related
networking lunches/ happy hours with other volunteer coordinators.
discount on the registration fee to the Annual DOVIA Memphis conference,
usually in the fall, featuring a full or half-day of training for volunteer
to the DOVIA Google Group,
where members can post information about upcoming events, post information
about new volunteer resources, and ask questions of other members.
to apply for a scholarship to assist with first-time or renewal fees associated with either the CVA or CAVS certification exam.
- Access to shared online folder that contains volunteer management resources (All
members can access and contribute to his folder.
- Access to shared calendar
that includes all event & meeting dates
- Access to text
reminders for all events & meetings